Vocalist Ernie Andrews is a musician known for his tremendous vitality and ability to communicate, which stems from his gospel roots. Influenced by Ella Fitzgerald, Billy Eckstine and Johnny Mercer, Andrews' own special style is a mix of energy, drama and humor.
Originally broadcast in the fall of 1998.
- "The More I See You" (Gordon, Warren)
- "If I Loved You" (Rodgers, Hammerstein)
- "Time After Time" (Cahn, Styne)
- "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" (Ellington, Russell)
- "Blood Count" (Strayhorn)
- "Sophisticated Lady" (Ellington, Mills, Parish)
- "Lucky So and So" (Ellington, Mack)
- "Parker's Mood/Word from Bird" (Parker, Charles)
- "From this Moment On" (Porter)